Monday, June 23, 2008

Working with Monroe Jones and Regie Hamm

Well hello everyone. As you can see, I’m not very good at staying current with what’s going on in my crazy life. Here’s what’s been going on for the last couple of months. I finished all of my lead and background vocals that we had tracks completed for with my wonderful producer, Monroe Jones, in Nashville and we have been “tweaking” the mixes of the first half of this new project. We need to track 2 or 3 more songs for Volume I and then release it sometime in late summer. We are going to release this project in 2 stages. We will end up with possibly 24 songs when both Volumes are done. I’m not sure when we are going back in to start and finish Volume II. But I am so excited about what this record is sounding like. I can’t wait for you to hear it. Monroe is a very gifted producer. Working with him has been a joy.


I have included a couple of shots of Regie Hamm. We were writing for this project at his studio in Nashville. We have written several songs with each other over the years and he is one of my songwriter hero’s. He is also an amazing artist. He did a record a few years back called American Dreams. Find that record as fast as you can. You can purchase it off his website: www.regiehamm.com. It is amazing. He is such a great writer and singer and this is one of my favorite records of all time. We finished a great song I plan on recording for this project. I have already recorded another one that we have written. By the way, Regie wrote the final song for American Idol that David Cook sang on the final night. It’s getting a lot of airplay too and looks like it might be a big song for Regie. It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. I’m putting together a fall tour that I have been keeping quiet to make sure the pieces were going to fall into place but it looks like it’s going to happen. Stay tuned. I might be coming to your town. I’m so looking forward to hitting the road again. I will have a small band too.

The Hymns of Hope DVD/CD is finally here. You can purchase here if you like. We recorded it here at Hope and I think it turned out real well. The four of us also took it on the road and performed all the same songs live at Greg Allen’s huge church in Louisville, KY. We are trying to put together a little mini tour of this thing as well. That would be a blast for all. We took the same instrumentation and everyone really seemed to dig it. We are talking about the four of us going into the studio to record a CD of all new material. I’ll let you know.

Well that’s all for now. Keep stopping by from time to time. I will try to do better at keeping current.

No comments: